🔍 What we're looking for
Aleph is searching for an experienced front-end engineer to join our six-person team (2 founders + 2 back-end engineers + 2 finance experts). You'll be our resident front-end expert, making sure our product delivers a great experience regardless of whether using our web, Google Sheets, or Excel interface. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to come in as an early member of the team and drive the development of the platform from the ground up.
👷 What you'll be doing
- Own our multiple front-end interfaces (web app, Google Sheets add-on, Excel add-in) and ensure we deliver a delightful, consistent experience to our users.
- Work hand-in-hand with our technical CEO, CTO, and other teammates to prioritize and execute on our product roadmap.
- Help establish best practices (frameworks, testing, CI, code reviews, etc) to lay the foundation for a high-performing technology team and its culture.
- Deliver robust, scalable, and well-tested code.
🙋 About you
- You have an ownership mentality and have past experience owning a core aspect of the product (product design, technical architecture, infra, key features, etc). You seek out responsibility and aren't scared to have accountability.
- You work effectively in a small and tight-knit team. You're comfortable with having little support structure, but you've seen what that looks like (CI/CD, refined roadmaps, etc) and you want to help build it.
- You're a product-driven engineer. You're comfortable and eager to meet customers and develop an empathetic understanding of their problems to ensure we're building the right solutions with a delightful user experience.
Your tech skills / experience
- 4+ years of front-end or full-stack dev experience. If necessary, you have the skills to single-handedly take a concept from zero to launch (backend, frontend, data, infra, etc).
- 2+ years of experience working with React.
- Startup experience, or experience thriving in an unstructured, ambiguous environment
- Experience developing add-ins for Microsoft Office / Google Workspace products
- Experience with a B2B SaaS product or building tools for Finance teams