Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac's collaborative doc editor helps distributed and hybrid teams cut Slack, email, and meetings by 80%—so you can reclaim a full day each week to focus on what matters.
Hundreds of teams from 2 to 2000 are already using Almanac to collaborate on docs, organize documentation, and streamline processes as they scale.
That's where you come in: we're looking our first Administrative Business partner who wants to make a big impact as we grow Almanac's team and scale our product to millions.
About the role
We're looking for our first Administrative Business Partner (Executive Assistant) to strategically manage the day-to-day operational needs of Almanac's CEO, Adam Nathan, and the broader Almanac Executive team. You'll contribute significantly to projects and initiatives that help drive Almanac's strategic priorities and speed up overall execution.
- Manage relationships between Almanac, investors, and potential customers, strategically communicating to help close important sales and hit company revenue goals
- Manage the logistics of Almanac's recruiting efforts, including coordinating interviews between candidates in different processes and updating tracking infrastructure
- Manage Almanac's CEO's calendar and logistical email, including respond on his behalf
- Partner with Almanac's CEO to track, manage and complete critical aspects of deliverables of key projects against company KPIs
- Contribute to Management team meetings and off sites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items
Experiences that make you stand out:
- 1+ year as a talent coordinator, senior customer service associate or executive assistant
- Strong project management experience with a demonstrable track record of driving things to completion
- Time working with CEOs, senior executives, or investors in fast-paced environments
- Many hours spent mastering productivity software (email, calendars, docs, spreadsheets)
- Tenure at a high-growth tech startup is a plus
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- You are an exceptional written and verbal communicator, with an EQ that enables you to make anyone feel seen and cared for
- You are incredibly organized, with meticulous attention to every detail
- You communicate, perform, and react well under time pressure and ambiguous contexts, and able to quickly shift tasks and priorities with professionalism and positivity
- You are great at handling sensitive information and situations with care and confidence
- You enjoy proactively anticipating and responding to needs before they arise
- You are intensely curious, and love optimizing processes to make them more efficient
- You are able to work outside of regular business hours if needed
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we're still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you.