The Ambition platform is organized into surfaces that correlate to functionality. For example: Gamification, Coaching, Workflows, Scorecards, Metrics. You will be collaborating with a product team to improve these surfaces to increase end-user value and ultimately, company revenue.
Any given project may require you to:
- Create/modify models to store data
- Create/modify API endpoints and serializers to provide access to data
- Create/modify frontend components to visualize, interact with data
- Write frontend/backend unit, integration, performance tests
- Profile and address performance issues
Ambition has the privilege of working with several Fortune 500 customers at-scale which means that we must take caching, pagination, and query planning very seriously. It's not uncommon for a code review to point out that a test needs to assert the number of queries generated or that a cache needs to be created to optimize a serializer.
Who We're Looking For
You'll be a great fit here if you hold the following in high regard:
- Doing things the right way with a long-term outlook.
- Work/Life balance. We expect engineers to work 9-5 and then push away to enjoy their lives. This isn't a start-up grind... we've all experienced burn-out and work hard to minimize it here.
- Code reviews. We're here to make Ambition (and each other) better and it's not uncommon for a pull request to have a dozen comments from the team pointing out opportunities to improve consistency, documentation, and performance.
- Operating without an ego. We have nothing to prove to each other here, we care about holding ourselves and each other accountable to great work that we can all be proud of.
- 3+ years experience with dynamic OOP language (Python preferred)
- Experience developing/consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, Celery, Salt, AWS, Docker, Salesforce would be helpful
- Experience with enterprise-readiness/scalability would be helpful