Design and build the future of Apollo’s cloud services on a rapidly-growing team to support major world-wide customers, including NerdWallet, PayPal, and Expedia to name a few. Join a data-driven team in creating the future of observability, control, and collaboration across a distributed GraphQL API.
You’ll be working with a tight-knit and rapidly-growing product engineering group to build Apollo Studio. As an engineer on the team, you’ll work closely with our PM and others to translate product ideas into well-crafted data models, clear service boundaries, and rich user experiences. We care deeply about creating high-quality product with well-designed user experiences, and we have an equally deep appreciation for the excellent engineering foundations that make such product development possible. You’ll own the maintenance and reliability of the services you bring to life, and you’ll use your own product additions every day in the work you do.
Your reach will span our cloud services, our open-source CLI, and integrations into tools like Datadog, Slack, and Pagerduty. You’ll be using modern tools for cloud infrastructure, like Kubernetes, Kotlin, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, GraphQL (of course), and Kafka. Join us to help build the next generation of developer tools and push the boundaries of how people develop software.
What you'll do
- Build a system of microservices to asynchronously calculate different views of GraphQL schema contracts to different constituents.
- Design and expand a managed configuration system that dynamically updates running GraphQL gateways across some of the world’s largest companies.
- Grow OLAP infrastructure, built upon Druid, Kafka, and Postgres, to collect and aggregate high resolution execution timing data for billions of GraphQL queries.
- Create a portal for all of Apollo’s engineering teams to process and gain analytical insights from the millions of GraphQL schemas in our schema registry.
- Lead the delivery of a platform GraphQL API for Apollo’s partners and, eventually, the public.
- You're familiar with the modern services architecture, including technologies like Kubernetes, the JVM, and Kafka.
- You take pride in a highly scalable and robust infrastructure and are excited to tackle difficult systems-level challenges.
- You have experience writing server code for demanding scalability or availability requirements.
- You're excited at the opportunity to influence the direction of GraphQL by providing a unique backend-oriented perspective.
- You recognize the importance of site availability, system monitoring, and actively participating in the on-call rotation.