Bonusly is looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Software Engineer to expand our impact as an established leader in HR B2B SaaS. You will get to positively impact some of the most influential companies in the world such as Hulu, Chobani, Headspace, Palo Alto Networks, and more by building a product that empowers employees to show appreciation for each other, build stronger working relationships, and feel a greater sense of belonging. We're looking for someone who is both highly analytical and enthusiastically creative. Ideally, you are an experienced engineer who can empathize with users, influence design and architecture, and write clean, maintainable code. Finally, you will use your experience in modern frameworks and development tools to drive best practices across the team.
Your team will build products that transform workplace recognition and feedback at the most innovative and fastest-growing companies in the world.
What you’ll do
- Join an inclusive, collaborative, and skilled product team that loves to deliver value for our customers
- Develop new systems and features from idea to production
- Constantly analyze and improve our user experiences
- Be a part of our high growth journey and collaborate to create and iterate on our practices
- Have the support of your amazing, talented colleagues while working on small, high impact teams and enjoying the trust and autonomy needed to be biased toward action
- Embrace a nuanced view of time off, as we encourage our team to mix work and free time in different ways to help people stay motivated and refreshed
💯You should apply if you…
- Have 2 - 5 years professional software engineering experience
- Have professional experience with any of the following technologies Ruby, Python, Go, React, Backbone, Vue.js or Java
- Strong interest and active desire to build scalable, API-centric systems
- Have worked with one or more best-in-class cloud providers
- Embody the Ten Principles for Growth as an Engineer
- Are interested in the things we talk about at https://engineering.bonus.ly/
- Are eager to communicate cross-functionally and within product, design, and engineering.
- Architect code for performance, scalability, and future maintainability
- Leave code better than it was found
Bonus points for...
- Have 1+ year of experience in microservices architecture
- Having experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or FaaS
- Have 1+ year of experience with containerization technologies (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Uplifting and mentoring other team members through code reviews, pairing sessions, architecture input, proactive communication, and/or strong leadership qualities
- A strong interest in learning about new technologies, development processes, and practices and shares this knowledge with the team or implements tooling around it
- Being an advocate and change agent for deployment and development best practices
- The drive to act and own high-impact projects from day one
- Previous work experience in a startup environment