Our engineering team is expanding and we are looking for talented QA Engineers! As a key member of the development team you will build and deliver best practice quality processes, work with other members of the team to enhance their testing capability and ensure we release high quality solutions without restricting the creative process. You will also be responsible for helping celebrate when milestones are reached!
As a QA Engineer, you'll work closely with the product team to help define how "done" can be validated, and work with the development team to ensure they meet these goals. You'll be comfortable building your own testing suite and managing your own tools, with a view to ensuring as much of what you do is automated and can be incorporated into our build pipeline.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so you understand the company culture, the product, the codebase, and your team. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful. We’ll aim to have you testing your first code in the first 2 weeks. From there you’ll start to build and define the QA infrastructure that will become an integral part of our delivery and release process.
By 3 months you’ll have created the baseline testing infrastructure and begun to enhance the existing tools and processes already in place.
By 6 months you’ll fully own the QA function. All new projects and products will have QA baked in from the start. The team will be talking about their increased confidence in product quality, the team will be able to measure and gain insights into improvements to the product quality, and the team will be able to prevent most or all issues arising as they release products into the market.
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- Work with product and design to understand the service to be able to create test cases and help define “Done”.
- Work with both the front-end and back-end engineering team to understand how the service will be built and how best to integrate testing from the outset.
- Advocate for automated testing processes.
- Seek to continuously improve the service and technology stack.
- 3 years + experience in a quality and testing role.
- Experience working in a fast paced, startup or agency style environment.
- The skills and knowledge to construct and set up your own testing pipelines.
- Extensive experience in testing APIs using tools like Postman/Newman, RestAssured or similar.
- Superb communication skills.
- Solid understanding of testing web applications using tools like Selenium or similar.
- Be able to work with developers and the devops team to create QA environments in an AWS and or GCP infrastructure.
- Be comfortable building end-to-end functional tests to exercise the entire system.
- You’ll also be responsible for constructing integration tests for our external services too.