Welcome to Contra! We’re an empathetic, kind, and humble team looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join us in building the Future of Work and the best community for independents. This is a role on our small-but-mighty QA team, so this is a real opportunity to build out the foundation, standards, and best-practices for automation engineering at Contra. You have strong software engineering fundamentals in our stack (NodeJS, TypeScript, Cypress), and broad experience testing across application boundaries. In your role, you will lead us into the future of automated testing at Contra.
We believe QA is as much a mindset as it is a role. We test in production and we believe that fast, reliable tests and a great developer experience do more to encourage others to raise the bar on quality than anything else. If these values resonate with your own, we’d love to talk to you.
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Write different kinds of automated tests (unit, integration, end-to-end, load, etc.) in TypeScript for different types of applications, across application boundaries (web, mobile, server-side, etc.)
- Lead test automation projects in a highly collaborative environment
- Establish QA best practices, methodologies, and processes
- Use CI/CD in collaboration with DevOps to improve how we test and deliver software
- Improve our ability to safely test in production
- Participate in all parts of the product development process
- Teach and mentor others to enable them to deliver a higher quality product from the start
You’ll be successful here if you
- Thrive in a collaborative, remote-only environment
- Know when to ask for help, and when to tackle a problem independently
- Carefully plan your work and build for the future
- Deliver transparent, honest, and direct feedback to your peers
- Are able to overlap with our core working hours between 8:30 am - 12pm Pacific Time
- Are fluent in verbal and written English, and enjoy reading and writing to communicate thoughts and ideas with your colleagues.
- Don’t have experience with everything in our stack, but are interested in learning!