Dover is building the first end-to-end recruiting orchestration platform for the world's top companies. We combine best-in-class candidate evaluation technology with bespoke process automation to help companies find and hire top talent for their open roles.
Recruiting is a $50B/year industry in the US, but recruiting departments and agencies still have incredibly manual processes.
We've built a better way. Our advanced matching software identifies the perfect candidates across all recruiting channels and drives the hiring process to create a seamless, white-glove experience for both companies and candidates.
Dover went through Y Combinator in 2019, and today 100+ companies use our product to run a better hiring process. We've raised $23M from top VCs and are currently profitable. We're a remote team of 40 with hubs in San Francisco and NYC and a presence in Boston, LA, and DC.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team within our rapidly growing engineering organization. As one of our first Engineering Managers, you’ll play a fundamental role in hiring, onboarding, coaching, and leading software engineers as we continue to grow, empowering them to do their best work and provide the best possible outcome for Dover.
We expect our people managers to have a strong technical background and extensive experience as an individual contributor, so that even if they aren’t solving the hard technical problems themselves, they can still provide guidance and coaching to their team.
- Manage a team of 6-8 engineers
- Own the collective execution and output of your team, empowering your team members and unblocking them as needed
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship
- Work with stakeholders to iron out product requirements and timelines
- 3+ years of professional experience in building successful production software systems
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineers
- You get just as excited (or more!) about solving people-related problems as you do technical problems
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, for both technical and non-technical concepts
- (Bonus) You’ve worked in high-growth teams before.