We are looking for a product-minded and team-oriented Senior Software Engineer with passion and experience in solving business problems with good design, delightful UX, and scalable architecture.
What you'll be doing
You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers to plan, design, and implement features in the core areas of our platform. You will collaboratively design and architect features, refactor as necessary and write elegant and performant code. You’ll have a strong voice in the development and planning processes, so senior-level experience is key.
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here. You can also learn about the interview process here.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience solving challenging architecture problems with good design
- Experience scaling fast-growing software products
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with data modeling and optimizing query performance
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience onboarding and coaching other engineers on a team
- Experience with ReactJS, TypeScript
- Experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet management industry