We’re looking for a product-minded and quality-focused Software Engineer who cares deeply about providing a flawless user experience by developing end-to-end automated tests and enhancing test coverage across our product.
At Fleetio, we ship code swiftly and continuously. We rely on different forms of testing (manual and unit tests) to ensure a high-quality release. You will drive end-to-end testing with the ultimate goal of enabling our product engineers to ship features with a high degree of confidence!
We are impacting how our customers manage their fleets, and you will play a significant role in helping shape a key sub-domain within the platform.
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can read more about it here.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://www.fleetio.com/go
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we're building: https://www.fleetio.com/register
What you'll be doing
As a Software Development Engineer in Test for our web app and API, you will:
- Develop, own, and maintain our automated end-to-end test coverage for our web application
- Demonstrate measurable impact by tracking and improving metrics related to release quality
- Ensure automated tests are fast and reliable and provide effective feedback to our team about regression issues
- Work closely with our Product Quality Analysts to create feature maps and critical path
- Drive adoption of automated testing frameworks, tools, and best practices
- Build tooling and visualizations necessary for engineers to track coverage
- Provide our engineers with a solid foundation and framework to build features with automated test coverage and ship with high confidence!
- While you will own and drive the automated end-to-end tests, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the product and platform engineering teams by developing features for our web app as necessary (if you wish).
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here. You can also learn about the interview process here.
- Strong experience with automated end-to-end testing and testing frameworks (such as Cypress, Capybara, Puppeteer, RSpec and Jest)
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Knowledge and deep understanding of different testing methods (unit, integration, end-to-end tests)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience with mobile testing frameworks such as XCUI and Espresso
- Experience with CircleCI, Heroku
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry