Float launched an insights function in late 2021 and introduced a UX Research Lead role to strengthen our qualitative research capability. We’re now poised to build this team to reinforce Float’s accelerating growth and support the increased capacity of the Product, Marketing, Customer Success and Engineering teams.
Float has a strong appetite for evidence-based decision-making to drive the enhancement of the core experience across the web app, to expand customer adoption of new features, the mobile app and our latest integrations, and to explore new growth areas to widen our competitive moat.
To work alongside product managers, product designers, data analysts, product marketers, and customer success representatives, we need an enthusiastic and nimble UX Researcher to apply insights to influence product design and strategy.
We have an ambitious roadmap and are committed to a seamless customer experience, highlighting the need for a UX Researcher to deliver the right amount of research to trigger ideas and make informed decisions.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys both exploratory, generative research to delve into problem spaces and learn about prospective customers, as well as evaluative research to validate designs and measure impact.
Our UX Research Lead, Mia Northrop, explains the important role you will play within our Data & Insights team. Watch this video.
You’ll be working with a smart, dedicated, international team and researching a global customer base spanning myriad industries to help professional teams make the most of their time, all around the world.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
This role will be responsible for running research activities end to end that span the core Float experience to new growth areas, as well as the marketing site.
Early on you’ll jump into:
- Reviewing our product feedback and feature request board for new trends
- Crafting research plans in response to product proposals, collaborating with Product, Design and Engineering to understand our research needs
- Planning and conducting interviews, concept test surveys and usability studies for new product specifications
- Documenting findings and sharing actionable insights with the team, async
Once you’re settled, we expect that you will:
- Build our customer research panel and explore ways of engaging our insights community
- Generate customer journey maps for our personas and drive improvements to customer onboarding
- Expand our third-party research about resource management, SaaS and B2B
- Take ownership of key aspects of the Voice of the Customer program
- Define new tools and processes, continuously improving research ops
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
This role is ideal for someone with a solid qualitative research skill set who is committed to improving our performance on key UX metrics. We're looking for someone who has 3+ years of proven experience with conducting research in a commercial digital environment.
You will have hands-on commercial experience with:
- Choosing the appropriate research methodology and identifying research questions
- Developing a budget and timelines for the research project
- Recruiting and screening participants
- Planning, moderating and facilitating qualitative research as well as short surveys and polls, and synthesizing and analyzing the results
- Triangulating your insights against product data, Voice of the Customer metrics, feature requests and external sources
- Communicating findings with actionable insights
- Conducting desk research to ramp up the team’s domain knowledge
- Remote testing logistics and tools
You’ll have a thorough understanding of usability principles and be familiar with IA and information design best practices, as well as interaction design concepts. We don’t expect you to design but you can identify potential problems with one, and you’re comfortable creating a prototype from an existing design system.
In terms of soft skills, you’re curious and self-directed, comfortable with ambiguity, autonomy and problem solving, and appreciate collaboration and your colleagues’ feedback.
Your verbal and written communication is a key strength, you’re a great listener, observant and pay attention to detail. Bonus points for knowledge with B2B customers, SaaS business models and Voice of the Customer programs
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Asana to communicate as needed. Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings.