Hacker Noon is looking for a part-time fullstack engineer with opportunity to join the team full time.
You are scrappy, detail-oriented, and empathetic. Maybe you have started your own company. Maybe you worked at a larger corporation and needed more breathing room for creativity and independence. Maybe you dropped out of school (or never went) because you realized you didn't fit the traditional mold.
You most likely have read a Hacker Noon story before and liked that it was authored by someone just like you. You're not just willing to go through all the ups and downs of startup life. You are living for it.
- We want our contributors to be independent thinkers who excel at choosing high impact projects (company wide impact is measured by time reading, words published, and revenue made) but we also want our contributors to be empathetic to our users and teammates, doing everything they can to level up our community. Here's a bit more about our product making style.
- Familiarity with a sizable portion of our Tech Stack, including NextJS, SlateJS, Firebase, Vercel, SendGrid, Nginx, Algolia, Coil, Vue, ExpressJS, MomentJS, Node, NodeJS. Some important internal tools: Slack, Notion, GitHub, Trello, Google Docs.
- Collaborate with other engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code. We recently went through a code audit, and have a number of projects to improve page performance, load time and search engine index-ability.
- Brainstorm (sometimes, even prototype) features with rest of team based on your knowledge of the codebase
- And of course, there's always bugs to fix, based on your personal experience or feedback from the team and the community.