Tools we use
- React, Redux, CSS, Jest and Cypress are your tools of choice though you are capable of working with Backbone/Marionette and Sass while we continue to transition our remaining applications to React.
- You will work with, and contribute to, our very own component-based design system.
- In your day-to-day you will use tools like Slack, Jira, GitHub, Docker, Drone.io and Jenkins.
About the role
- The engineering team is made up of about 50 people, most of whom work in one of 3 small cross-functional teams. These teams contain all the back-end and front-end talent to deliver exciting new capabilities. You will be collaborating with a dedicated designer, product manager, front-end engineers, and back-end engineers.
- Our engineering teams work in two-week iterations, communicate mostly via Slack and are committed to remote, agile development. When you are ready, you’ll create and send a pull request with tests and tag your team for review using video and screen-sharing as needed. We have invested heavily in local Docker development and cloud-based continuous integration and delivery so you can get setup fast and your development branch can be easily tested on environments that closely match production. You’ll work autonomously for the most part and we trust you to get work done when/where you can be productive.
- Everything is secondary to the customer experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your code will impact the experience in terms of performance, security and usability.
- You'll be working with product people that challenge you to get better every day. The founders are technical and committed to creating a magical experience for customers. You'll deploy work that moves the needle for businesses around the world.
- You will periodically partner with our Talent team to help us hire our future team members.
- At this time, we are only able to hire in the following: United States, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, United Kingdom.
- We ask that you have 4+ hours of overlap time with Boston, MA (9AM - 6PM ET).
- Salary: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. Read more about how we approach compensation here!
- You have a love for design and are at your best partnering with designers to bring a project to life. You take designs created using Storybook and Figma components and transform them into fully-functioning production-ready code, making sure every pixel and interaction is perfect and up to spec. You like owning the quality of the code you write — QA doesn’t mean throwing it over the wall for someone else to test.
- You became an engineer because you like writing software that helps people.
- You are a skilled, passionate, and humble engineer who is friendly, collaborative, and supportive.
- You value personal growth and constructive feedback. Believing that“a rising tide lifts all ships,” you make everyone around you better sharing what you have learned and looking for ways to improve both yourself and the team.
- You demonstrate an empathetic, organized and collaborative communication style with fellow engineers and non-engineering stakeholders. Clear communication is super important in a remote culture like ours.
- Your code is a pleasure for your teammates to read and easily understood. When working in the codebase, you leave things better than you found them.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least excited about the idea. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work style to be remote-friendly.
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked with PHP, and are excited to learn more!
- Have a love making a designers vision come to life.
- Are interested in building inclusive, accessible websites.