We're looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful software engineer, passionate about building great products and love being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job
- Work in an agile cross-functional team with other engineers, product managers, and product designers.
- Develop and improve our tracking script according to the best practices.
- Work with other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- 4+ years of experience with component-based architecture using libraries such as React.
- Knowledge of TypeScript is a plus.
- Familiarity with Browser APIs.
- Value collaboration with Product Designers to deliver pixel perfect experiences.
- Pragmatic engineer who actively avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain high-quality code in a delivery-focused environment.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.