This is a full-time, fully-remote position. If you’re interested in building software that helps make empathy mainstream at work, this is the position for you.
You’ll get a ton of learning, ownership over the product, and a driving seat in our journey :)
Click here to learn more about us.
- Manager: You’ll report to Andrew Zhou (co-founder, Product/Eng) and work closely with Sid Pandiya (co-founder/CEO) alongside an engineering team of 4 (growing to 9 this year).
- Compensation: Salary + Equity
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental (75% of each is covered by the company)
- PTO: Unlimited, with minimum 15 days per year (we encourage each other to take time off)
Technologies we use:
Python, React, AWS, GitHub
- Build and support APIs in Python
- Build and support frontend experiences in React/Typescript
- Manage simple AWS architecture
- Learn from customer needs (watch customer call recordings, chat with customers on Slack and occasional video calls)
- Work with founders and other engineers to make decisions on product, architecture, UX, etc.
- Any modern programming language (we use Python)
- Cloud infrastructure tools (we use AWS ECS)
- NoSQL or SQL databases (we use AWS DynamoDB)
- Full-stack development
What we’ll love about you:
- You have experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- You care about mental health, burnout, and wellbeing at work
- You’re excited about new products and want to be responsible for owning and improving a new, growing codebase
- You have empathy for users and can put yourself in their shoes
- You have a strong learner’s mindset and are motivated by personal growth
What does success look like in this role?
In 1-2 years as a successful engineer at Kona, you will...
- Own and deliver on multiple company-defining projects
- Lay the foundation for tech that will scale to millions of users
- Meaningfully impact culture at some of the top companies in the world
- Help build and scale the engineering team and culture
- Lead experiments and drive learnings in relevant aspects of building a startup (product, UX, technical architecture, hiring, company values, etc.)