- Work with the founders shoulder to shoulder in building the new standard for notifications:
- MagicBell's dashboard that our customers use to set up and manage their experience.
- Embeddable Inbox.
- Hire, attract and onboard other smart engineers.
- Shape the culture of our company to create the next Stripe, Twilio, or your favorite company.
- Be our developer evangelist:
- Our go-to-market strategy involves bottom-up developer adoption. Therefore our entire team is an evangelist for our product - all of us write blog posts sharing what we have learned, and talk to users (we have some of our biggest customers on shared Slack channel). We have also built some fun little hacks to get developer attention, like our Hacker News Chrome extension and Firefox addon.
If the below do not resonate with you, please save us both time and not apply. Thank you.
- Have a Github account.
- Worked with React for at least 4 years.
- Willingness to go above and beyond.
- For example, keeping track of new security vulnerabilities that might impact us or fixing customer issues proactively and notifying them.
- Enjoy taking on challenging responsibilities.
- At least a 3 hours overlap with the EST day time from 9 am to 12 pm.
If you do not match the React requirement, but adhere to everything else. You can apply using this Typeform that will give us more background on you and follow us on Linkedin for future openings.
- Experience in Reactive & functional programming.
- Experience in maintaining an SDK.
- Experience with semantic versioning.
- Working with community PRs.
- Experience building real-time apps that sync across devices.
- Test-driven development and experience with end-to-end testing.
- React Native experience.
- Snapshot testing with Storybook.
- Good writing ability as demonstrated by documentation, README, or blog posts you have written.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Respect for other people's time - For example, showing up for meetings on time and not canceling the last minute.
- Want to start their own companies either now or in the future. You get hands-on learning of what building an early-stage startup is like. The founders are prolific angel investors.
We know you want to tackle interesting challenges and we have quite a few for you:
- Consider and make suggestions about the UX as you build new features or improve existing ones.
- State management across multiple devices with real-time synchronization.
- Build robust logging and analytics to help our customers understand the flow of their notifications.
- Engineering reliability and performance so we can scale up with our customers.