We're looking for fully-autonomous back-end engineers with passion, grit, and integrity to build the core of Panther products, services and APIs in spectacularly robust fashion.
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Panther processes payroll, automates compliance, administers benefits, digitizes agreements, and helps companies globalize. Behind the scenes, Panther integrates with local employment and bank partners and builds out the infrastructure to facilitate employment across borders.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be your own driver, and work on big features with autonomy
- Design, build and maintain services and systems across Panther's product lines
- Help others less senior to improve
- Be requested to participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute proactively to new developments.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build delightful features that span various parts of the system
- Collaborate with our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have enjoyed 6+ years of experience as a back-end developer, and are comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces.
- Think deeply about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Typescript, with some NestJs and Prisma.io. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than - knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Are naturally curious and willing to take a step to learn something they don’t have experience in.
- Thrives in a distributed, collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.