Rabbet is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Austin, Texas based team in building intelligent software that simplifies construction lending. We are in need of an enthusiastic self-starter that is capable of taking the lead in architecting complex, scalable systems in a fast-paced product development process focused on solving the big problems.
Our frontend is React and our backend services are primarily Elixir (Phoenix/Absinthe) with a touch of Python.
We're looking for someone who…
- Is passionate about software quality, improving the development process, and building highly scalable systems
- Thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Enjoys architecting elegant solutions to technical and customer problems
- Stays up-to-date with modern technologies and practices
- Sees themselves as a “force multiplier”, not only delivering rock-solid solutions themselves but also being a mentor to other engineers
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Skills and ability to take on serious DevOps responsibilities
- Experience writing highly performant database queries using Postgres.
- Able to architect software solutions that consider both performance and future maintainability in a large existing codebase
- Experience in building complex, highly scalable software systems.
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations.
- Experience with functional programming and Domain Driven Development is a bonus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must be located in the Austin, Texas area or based in the US and willing to travel at least once per quarter to Austin (once safe to do so).
Nice to haves
- Experience with both Elixir and React
- Experience with GraphQL APIs
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with RabbitMQ