We're looking for two Software Engineers to join the team. We're looking for people who believe that progressive organisations deserve better tools, and who approach their work through a customer-focused lens.
As part of a small feature team with 3-4 others, you’ll be responsible for developing our product, adding new features, paying down tech debt, and ensuring code works well in production. These roles can either be front-end, back-end or full stack. Most of our code is Node on the backend (with Postgres) and React on the frontend.
We can promise you a team full of engineers and designers who believe in the purpose of our work, and are always striving to improve our product, and our craft. If the scope of Raisely excites you, and you share a desire for purposeful work, we want to hear from you.
If you worked here over the past few months, you might have:
- Worked with your small team contributing to our major project. We generally work in 6 week cycles. We mostly allocate whole tasks to individuals, but we aim for a healthy level of discussion and problem solving together to make sure we're doing our best work.
- Built out a new React component that our customers can use in their campaigns to show how many steps a fundraiser has logged towards their exercise goal.
- Written a new backend controller for a new feature you’re adding, with 100% test coverage.
- Written a product pitch to upgrade a core part of Raisely's technology stack, or a feature for the next cycle.
- Run some load tests on our staging infrastructure and tweaked the scaling parameters on production to reduce latency when autoscaling.
- Participated in our week-long virtual retreat, where you learnt how sneaky your teammates can be in Among Us!
- Reviewed a handful of PRs that have been submitted by your teammates.
- Met with the engineering team to discuss the ongoing project and brainstorm solutions to the problems the team is experiencing.
- Be willing to jump in and investigate if our monitoring alerts us that the production service is experiencing higher than usual latency.
- Beat your teammates in trivia while wearing an elf costume.
Now about you...
You're passionate about solving problems with code
You have high technical competence. You're a capable engineer, you produce high quality code and consider the various permutations and edge-cases.
You're a manager-of-one
You don't need a manager to check in and direct your workflow, you'd prefer to work to broad expectations and manage your own time within that framework. You can identify when you need a hand, and won't hesitate to ask.
You see your work through to production
You finish what you start. You don't push up a PR and call it a day. You're happy to adjust that code in response to feedback, and prompt the team to help you see that code through to production.
You ship code
You understand that there's a balance between writing perfect code and actually shipping code. You can identify the right areas to persist and polish and the right areas to just get the job done.
You care about making a difference
Yeah, we’re all here because we want to make the world better (and by that we mean a carbon-neutral utopia with world peace and just laws, where all people are treated the same with equal opportunity to thrive). So you’ve gotta want that too!
Plus some key requirements we'll need
- A fluent English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication
- 2+ years experience working with Node and/or React in a SaaS environment