We are a diverse and fully-distributed team from around the world, working toward our shared vision to raise the standard of trust online. Join our team as a Senior iOS Engineer and help shape the technology that powers the DuckDuckGo search experience. As part of our growing team you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and close major gaps in our products. Examples of projects you might work on include expanding and improving mobile content blocking, running experiments to measure and improve user conversion and usability within our mobile applications. You will take direct responsibility of mobile application features, drive improvements, and own product maintenance.
- Significant iOS engineering experience (5+ years), with experience working on at least two large native iOS applications.
- Experience programming in Swift.
- Deep understanding of MV* concepts, mobile threading, and memory management and how they apply to mobile applications.
- A fundamental understanding of complex data structures and algorithms, which enables you to develop and apply new solutions and confidently navigate and improve existing code.
- Ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative data and to collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop effective UX solutions.
- Effective project management skills.
- Creative problem solvers and risk takers. You like to take initiative to push projects forward but know when to involve others.
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
- Knowledge of Kotlin and willingness to do Android related work would be considered a plus.