As a Backend Developer, you will be taking ownership of one or more domains of our product and will work closely with other developers and product designers in lean ways using cutting-edge technologies powering highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems.
The main technologies you will be working with are Go, PostgreSQL, REST, JSON and Google Cloud Infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- developing and maintaining backend services such as api’s, reports, payments, and operations tools that manage our product worldwide
- working with product managers and designers day to day to bring more value to Toggl’s users, covering customer-facing web and native applications and public APIs
- completing small to medium features independently and in collaboration with frontend developers
- resolving most technical issues autonomously and designing well-organized code
- driving assigned requests to improve the codebase, such as migrating it to modern frameworks and adding missing tests
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about technology and you are experienced with or willing to learn programming in Go.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in any language
- Passion for cross-discipline collaboration and problem-solving
- Eagerness to learn new skills, and take ownership of your work
Bonus points for:
- Experience with our main technologies: Go, PostgreSQL, REST, JSON and/or Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with system architecture, particularly at scale
- Experience with Ruby, Elixir, noSQL databases