We’re looking for a Product Designer with experience contributing to the end-to-end product development process, quickly iterating through challenges and delivering significant, user-facing features in B2B environments.
You will report to the Head of Design and constantly partner with leadership, cross-functional stakeholders, product teammates, fellow designers and engineers on our remote-first team distributed across North America (our biggest footprints are in New York, Denver and Atlanta), Europe, and beyond.
Our product, engineering and design teams don’t subscribe to a single methodology, instead we combine the best development and project management strategies to support the industry-defining features we’re building.
We love systems, do our best to automate or document repeatable processes, proactively collect and organize product feedback and we hope you have creative ideas to make our team and company stronger as we scale.
What You’ll Work On
- Create intuitive design solutions for complex problems using any combination of process flows, wireframes, storyboards, documentation, visual mockups, and simple prototypes.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers throughout the product development process.
- Work with other designers on the team to contribute to and expand our growing design system.
- Partner with product managers to conduct and facilitate user research and validation calls.
- Use data and customer feedback from various research methods to support your design decisions.
- Take part in design reviews to share and respectfully critique work with fellow designers.
- Be able to clearly articulate design solutions to various teams, peers, and executives for review and feedback.
- Actively find ways to improve the Tropic platform and customer experience.
- Become an expert on all things Tropic and the procurement process.
Who You Are
- 2-4 years experience working as a product designer on a SaaS application, preferably in the B2B space.
- Love working in Figma using auto-layout, components, and variants.
- Have experience reducing complex problems down to scalable, easy to use and understand products.
- Have a strong appreciation for design principles, especially ones pertaining to simplicity and consistency.
- Have a good understanding of front-end development and are considerate of technical restrictions when creating designs.
- Can be a highly effective communicator who can use a combination of slack, zoom, and various documentation tools to communicate with teammates.
- Expert level understanding of either UI or UX.
- Are not afraid to go out of your comfort zone to take on new challenges and ask hard questions.
- Keen eye for detail, always pushing your designs to the highest fidelity when the time is right.