At Tropic, we are building a different kind of engineering team, one that is optimized for developer happiness and productivity. We’ve done this by challenging the status quo of how teams and applications are built.
From a technology perspective, we’ve embraced the conventions of Rails 7 and put the promise of Hotwire (Turbo/Stimulus) to the test. The results quickly spoke for themselves, and we’ve been able to build a modern, SPA-like experience all while using fundamentally simple full-stack web development principles.
From a team perspective, we’ve chosen our tools and practices to be as lightweight as possible in order to maximize quality collaboration and deep work.
What You’ll Work On
- Use Rails 7 + Hotwire + Tailwind + ViewComponents to build features in a clean, near-greenfield application
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to craft elegant solutions
- Help mentor and teach junior team members
Who You Are
- 4+ Years of full-stack Ruby on Rails experience
- A desire to learn and embrace Hotwire and the newest Rails features
Nice to Have
- Experience working at a SaaS product company
- Proven ability to thrive in a remote-first environment