As a Technical Support Engineer for HelpSpot, our help desk software application, you’ll have the unique opportunity to directly impact the happiness and growth of our customer base by providing world-class technical support.
Our product is mission-critical to our customers’ businesses. As such, the Technical Support Engineer’s role is key as an initial point of contact with all current and prospective customers
This is a unique role for an exceptional individual with the technical chops and people skills needed to work closely with customers on challenging technical issues.
- Answer support inquiries ranging from installation to usage and optimization.
- Help on-premise customers with installation and configuration issues on Windows and Linux via email/phone/Zoom.
- Fix a HelpSpot Cloud instance that is having an SSL certificate issue.
- Document bugs and feature requests.
- Help a customer create the right ticket filter to bring up the information they need for a report to their management.
- Write product documentation.
- Assist with product testing on new releases.
- Assist with support within our family of products (Thermostat, LaraJobs, and Laracon).
- Contribute to product design meetings as a customer advocate.
- Run training sessions with customers.
- Make code changes to HelpSpot.
- Patience and empathy.
- A passion for solving challenging problems.
- A solid understanding of Windows and Linux.
- Experience with the internet stack (network, web server, application, database).
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with B2B software and ideally using help desk software.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Knack for making technical jargon accessible.
- Have supported software using PHP/Laravel/Wordpress on Windows/Linux
- Have experience providing technical support to customers via telephone and email
- Have mastered various B2B software applications to a level where they could train others
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are in a US or EU timezone